Sunday, December 02, 2007

Ducks to Sun Bowl! Oh NO!

The Oregon State Beavers were passed over by the Sun bowl because they had been there last year.
No I am not happy about it! If we are going to a "minor" bowl I would have much preferred going to San Francisco and the Emerald Bowl. I know the Sun Bowl is a more prestigious bowl than the Emerald but who want to go to El Paso Texas. The payout for the Sun Bowl is 1.9 million dollars vs $750,000 for the Emerald bowl. The Pac 10 should have gotten the conference out of this bowl a long time ago. I seriously doubt that many Duck fans will go to this bowl. It's a long car trip from Oregon and flying is very expensive which will limit the number of Ducks who can attend. The Beavers are unhappy to be passed over by the Sun but their fans will have much more fun in San Francisco. I have been to El Paso and I will never go back. There are a lot of nice folks in El Paso and the Sun Bowl organizers put on a good program for the players but I am not sure the team will be very motivated for this game. I hope I am wrong and will be taking part of the day off from work so I can watch the game on TV. I am afraid this will be another in a long string of Bowl defeats for the Ducks since they won the Fiesta Bowl on New Years Day 2002 (Seattle Bowl 2002, Sun Bowl 2003, Holiday Bowl 2005, and Las Vegas Bowl 2006 were all defeats) Prove me wrong Ducks! The game is on CBS and will be shown on a work day (December 31st) at 11 am PST. A real great time to watch a bowl game (sarcasm).