Monday, December 17, 2007

Home for the Holidays


Last night about 10;30 I went out to the Jackson County International Airport to pick up our son who is home from graduate school for the holidays. Next weekend we will return to the airport to pick up his sister. It was good to see him, beard and all. A beard is a handy thing to have to fight the cold winters in North Dakota. He was able to sleep last night in his "old room" which his mother has repainted and redecorated since his last visit last summer. He even has a new bed. As soon as he landed we started talking Presidential politics. I do believe he knows more than I do on the subject and loves it as much. I raised him right!

In preparation for his return home I put up our outdoor lights on Saturday. 22 strings of lights, two light up Santa's, a light up snow man, two light up reindeer and two light up holiday candles. This year I tried to restrain myself and not put up every string of lights we own to avoid the comparison to Chevy Chase in National Lampoon's "Christmas Vacation." Sometimes less is better....... did I say that?

It will be a fun three weeks before he returns to school to complete his Masters Degree in History. "There is no place like home for the Holidays." I love this time of year!