Friday, December 21, 2007

Mike Bellotti to UCLA? UPDATE: NO


The newspapers and the Internet are rampant with reports that University of Oregon head football coach Mike Bellotti is in negotiations with UCLA about becoming their new head coach. We shall soon find out....... tick tick tick ....quite frankly I am ambivalent about his decision. If he goes, I hope for Mike's sake, he gets a load of money from UCLA.

UPDATE: Preliminary word from my sources is that Bellotti has turned UCLA down.

UPDATE #2

Statement from University of Oregon football coach Mike Bellotti

Release: 12/21/2007

Ducks' 13th-year head coach to continue at Oregon.

“I have a great job at the University of Oregon and believe we have
built a special football program here. That has been made possible
because of the outstanding people I work for, the caliber of people I
work with, the players who are here now as well as the level of
players we are recruiting.

“The primary issues that have always been important to me are the
quality of life, my family and the opportunities to win. The
University of Oregon has always offered me all of those things.

“UCLA wanted to present to me a scenario that would offer all those
things and asked if I would listen. That’s as far as it ever went. I
never considered it an interview, merely an opportunity for them to
provide me with some information and insights into their program.

“I was approached by them on several occasions and finally agreed to
allow them to come to Eugene and speak with me.

“You’re always flattered when others want to talk to you but that’s
because of the success we’ve enjoyed based on our players, our
support staff and our administration. I have been, and continue to
be, 100 percent committed to the University of Oregon and our pursuit
of a national championship.”


LETS GO DUCKS..... WIN THE SUN BOWL!