Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Christmas TV Special



What ever happened to the old fashioned family Christmas special on Broadcast TV? Tonight I left FOX NEWS in search of the "Christmas Special" to get me in the Holiday spirit. You know, the one where people sit in front of a big fire and sing the standard Christmas Carols. Where are the current Andy William's, Bing Crosby's and Perry Como's. The only thing I could find was a show called "Clash of the Choirs" That is sure to get me in the Christmas spirit! (sarcasm) . If I want competition I will stay with "Hannity and Colmes" on FOX NEWS! I want a warm fire and fake snow and "We wish a Merry Christmas" and of course the show must end with "Silent Night!" After watching "Clash of the Choirs" for 10 minutes it made me sick...... I checked our local TV guide to see If there had been any real Christmas Specials on broadcast TV networks channels ( NBC, CBS, ABC and FOX) in the last 7 days and could not find one other than the cartoons "Frosty the Snow Man" and "Frosty Returns." Heck, I would settle for the Osmond Family Christmas Show. Yes, I know there are Christmas shows on the cable TV channels but what about The broadcast channels? Where is Bob Hope when you need him!