Monday, December 24, 2007

Home for the Holidays



Saturday night we went out to the Jackson County/Medford International Airport to pick up our daughter who flew in from Washington DC. Now both our son and daughter are home for Christmas. Friday night before she arrived my wife, son and I went to the South Medford vs Sunset basketball game. South is ranked #1, Sunset is ranked # 3in the state and it was a very tough game which South Meford was lucky to win. Saturday my son and I went out for a pizza and watched the Las Vegas Bowl on TV before we picked up his sister. Sunday we went to see the movie "Charlie Wilson's War" (see review below) and then all four of us played the game "Trivial Pursuits" on the dining room table. It took about four hours for me to win the game. Of course, the questions are at least 20 years old so I had an unfair advantage being a "baby boomer" and all. It was fun for all four of us to be together again sitting at the dinning room table laughing and joking. We of course talked politics all day. My sister arrived from Portland Sunday night and dropped off her Christmas gifts and then she went back to her motel room after we gave her a tour of our home improvement projects. I also went for a walk with her and her dog in the light rain.She still likes to go to bed early. It's wonderful having the house full again even if we have to "schedule" the shower times. We are all getting together for lunch today. What a wonderful time of year. Merry Christmas!