Friday, April 04, 2008

Remembering William F Buckley


Today is his Memorial Service at St. Patrick's Cathedral, April 4Th 2008. For more click on the title for a link to the National Review Online. I wish I could be there.

UPDATE:

Henry Kissinger chocked up during his eulogy before a crowd of 2000 including Sen. George S. McGovern, Sen. Joe Lieberman, William Kristol, Richard Lowry, Tom Wolfe, P.J. O'Rourke, Christopher Hitchens, Charlie Rose, Chris Matthews, Tina Brown and Tom Selleck.

At the service his son Christopher Buckley read the following poem as a farewell to his father, from the words of Robert Louis Stevenson's "Requiem":

Under the wide and starry sky

Dig the grave and let me lie.

Glad did I live and gladly die,

And I laid me down with a will.

This be the verse you grave for me:

Here he lies where he longed to be;

Home is the sailor, home from the sea,

And the hunter home from the hill.