Sunday, November 18, 2007

Rose Bowl and Heisman for Dennis Dixon!



There is a picture of Dennis Dixon in the Eugene Register Guard with Dennis sitting on the sidelines after he went down for the last time in his college career in the Arizona game last Thursday night. Tears are running down his cheeks and it breaks my heart. I chose to use the above picture because it is the way I want to remember him as a Duck! It's been three day and I still can't get over that his college career is over.

I may be biased but if I were a Heisman voter he would get my vote and I have heard similar comments from some of the commentators over at ESPN. (see Ivan Maisel's comments at ESPN by clicking on the title)I remember turning to my wife during the Michigan game and said I can't believe what I am seeing. His performance on the field was a thing of beauty and artistry that I have not seen in football in a long time. ( Gail Sayers comes to mind) The way he could fake out me and everyone else including the TV camera man with his hand offs was a gift. The "Statue of Liberty" play!!!! I loved thay play!!!

I know it's trite but the Oregon team should dedicate the balance of this season to Dennis so he and the team can go to the Rose Bowl. I don't know about you but I would put Dennis in for at least one play as the guy deserves a Rose Bowl Ring.If the team can't be motivated by that, nothing can motivate them. I suspect they are already motivated to to get rid of that sick feeling we all feel in the pit of our stomachs on UCLA, Oregon State and whoever we meet in the Rose Bowl. I can't wait till Saturday and the UCLA game.

It just can't end with that picture in the Eugene Register Guard!

Let's beat UCLA and win the day. Let's Go Ducks!