Friday, November 30, 2007

Life is funny


Yesterday afternoon my wife an I went out to the Medford, Jackson County International Airport to pick up our daughter who was flying in from Washington DC to go with me to the Oregon vs Oregon State "Civil War" football game in Eugene on Saturday. I even bought some "Club Seats" from a Medford fan who is unable to make the game for work reason to supplement our regular season tickets in section 13. Our daughter has never been in "The Club At Autzen."

Well last night after she had settled in we went down to my "movie room" to watch the Oregon Duck basketball game on ESPN 2. They were playing Kansas State from Manhattan Kansas. The Ducks won in overtime. As I was watching the game I was thinking back to my days as a young law student at the University of Oregon watching in "The Pit" a then young Ernie Kent (Oregon's current coach) as a player. He had a nick name of "Million Moves Kent." ( I am tempted to talk more of how that name has become even funner but that would be wrong)In any case, I wonder what I would have though if I had been told back then as I sat in "The Pit" that one day Ernie Kent will be the Oregon's Head Coach and I will be watching him coach a game with a grown daughter who works in government in Washington DC. on a cable TV network devoted entirely to sports, surrounded by my own personal copy's of 600 + of my favorite movies on little record like discs smaller than a 45 record.