Sunday, November 04, 2007

Ducks WIN!!!! ( beat Arizona State 35 to 23)


We are home from Eugene. The Oregon Ducks Beat #4 rated Arizona State yesterday in college football at Oregon's Autzen stadium in Eugene, Oregon. That with the loss of Boston College has moved the Ducks to #3 in the nation in the BCS ratings as well at the AP and Coaches polls. Next up Arizona in Tuscon a week from Thursday night on ESPN. One game at a time. Win the Day! Arizona will be tough at home.

Overall we had a great weekend. We watched ESPN GamdDay on TV at home Saturday morning before we left for Eugene. We go to Eugene about 12:30 pm and checked into a new motel on Franklin Boulevard near campus. I had made reservations over a month ago as soon as I had learned the game would start at 3:45 pm for TV. My wife and I then had a nice quiet lunch at a nearby Chinese restaurant. We then drove to our favorite parking spot and walked across the footbridge to the game. They were already taking down the ESPN TV GameDay set. We then went to the MO Center to see the ESPN Radio GameDay set and the guys broadcasting to the nation about college football games all over America. We then went to our seats. My wife who hates crowds sat with me with home made ear plugs :). We both enjoyed the game. We have learned through the years to never relax as no lead is large enough for my Ducks to blow. When Dennis Dixon and Johnathan Stewart are clicking it is a beautiful sight to watch and I believe when you sit back and relax you realise we are witnessing something very special that does not come along ever day. ASU coach Dennis Erickson said it best when he said "They came out like wild fires on offense." After the game we sat in our seats for about 15 to 20 minutes just soaking in the atmosphere and the moment in time. We then joined the mass exodus to the footpath through the woods and over the Willamette River on the foot bridge to our car and back to the motel. we went to a steak house next to the motel and had a nice dinner. The Boston college game was on the TVs in the bar and we could tell the results by the roar of the crowd from the bar. I made two trips to the bar to check on updates along with several other males from the restaurant. Our daughter then called us from Washington DC on my cell phone and we talked about the days games. We then went to the motel and I watched the end of the Washington State vs Cal game . This morning we had a nice breakfast at the Motel, read the newspapers and did some shopping in Eugene at Boarders, and Best Buy neither of which are in Medford. We then had lunch at McDonald's the great melting pot of American society and drove home down I-5 to Medford. On the way we called both of our adult children to check on the college football polls and BCS ratings. There was a large accident near Grants Pass so I turned off at the North Grants Pass exit and we took old highway 99 to Rogue River and back to I-5 to get around the accident. It beat waiting in line with everyone else. Good to be home and I don't know about the team but I need a bye next weekend. Go Ducks!