Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Home away from Home


For the last few months Lowe's and Home Depot have been our "Home away from Home" as we continue our home improvement projects. Last Saturday we went to both stores and then on Sunday we went back to Lowe's. My wife then went back Sunday night. I went to Home Depot last night. I love the smell of hardware stores and these big box stores have a great smell. Even the Hot Dog cart out front smells good. I like to go to each store by myself just to wander around by myself looking for ideas.I feel like a kid in a toy store. My wife when she goes is very goal oriented. In any case we have spent a lot of time at Lowe's and Home Depot and with coming home projects we are not done yet. Now that the kids have grown up, graduated from college and moved away, slowly but surly, our home is loosing that "70's look".