Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Sinatra "Nothing But the Best" CD



Last weekend I purchased a new Frank Sinatra CD that is very good. The CD was released in conjunction with the release of a new Postal Service stamp honoring Frank Sinatra in connection with the 10 year anniversary of his death in May of 1998.The CD covers most of his hits from the 1960's and 1970's and a few later in his life while he was with Reprise Records.In 1962 or 1963 he left Capital Records for Reprise. I have another CD with his hits for Capital Records during the 1950's. The music sounds great with full orchestration. I was never a fan of Sinatra as a person but he could sing.I love "It Was a Very Good Year"; "Summer Wind"; "The Girl From Ipanema"; "Strangers in the Night" and "My Way." The music sounds very rich and I highly recommend it. I only wish it had included "Send in the Clowns." As I was driving down the road playing the CD on my car player I felt I was in the opening of a movie and the song was the opening song of the movie. Sinatra was from my parents generation but that has not stopped my from loving his music. A few year ago I was performing a wedding ceremony for a couple and they had Sinatra music on beforehand. I was making small talk with the groom and told him the Sinatra music was a nice touch and he said "We thought the old folks would like it." Did I feel old.

Nothing but the Best Track Listing are:


Come Fly With Me
The Best Is Yet To Come
The Way You Look Tonight
Luck Be A Lady
Bewitched
The Good Life
The Girl From Ipanema
Fly Me To The Moon (In Other Words)
Summer Wind
Strangers In The Night
Call Me Irresponsible
Somethin' Stupid
My Kind of Town
It Was A Very Good Year
That's Life
Moonlight Serenade
Nothing But The Best
Drinking Again
All My Tomorrows
My Way
Theme From New York, New York
Body And Soul - bonus track w/new arrangement