Friday, August 01, 2008

Funny Story



I just got this in an email from a friend:

I was talking to this little girl, Catherine, the daughter
of some friends, and she said she wanted to be President someday.
Both of her parents, liberal Democrats were standing there with
us and I asked Catherine, 'If you were President what
would be the first thing you would do?'

Catherine replied, 'I would give houses to all the
homeless people.'

'Wow, what a worthy goal you have there,
Catherine.' I told her, 'but you don't have to wait until you're
President. You can start now by coming over to my house and cleaning up all the dog
poop in my back yard and I will pay you $5 dollars. Then we can
go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and
you can give him the $5 dollars to use for a new house.'

Catherine (who is about 4) thought that over for a second,
while her mom looked at me seething, and Catherine replied,
'Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and clean up the dog poop and
you can just pay him the $5 dollars?'

'Ah', I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party".