Friday, August 08, 2008

ABC NEWS: John Edwards admits affair and lying about it ! !


John Edwards repeatedly lied during his Presidential campaign about an extramarital affair with a novice filmmaker, the former Senator admitted to ABC News today. He also admitted that in July of this year he was at the Beverly Hilton Hotel as reported by the National Inquirer to see the woman and her baby. He still denies he is the father of the baby he went to visit but admits no DNA tests have been taken. Click on the title for a link to the ABC NEWS story. I wonder if now the MSM (Main Stream Media) will cover the story. Edwards interview will be on ABC's Nightline...... who watches Nightline anymore anyway? Especially on the Friday night the Olympics has their opening ceremony on NBC! Does anyone think that is a coincidence?

UPDATE: John Edwards in his own words:



STATEMENT OF SENATOR JOHN EDWARDS

August 8, 2008
Chapel Hill, North Carolina

In 2006, I made a serious error in judgment and conducted myself in a way that was disloyal to my family and to my core beliefs. I recognized my mistake and I told my wife that I had a liaison with another woman, and I asked for her forgiveness. Although I was honest in every painful detail with my family, I did not tell the public. When a supermarket tabloid told a version of the story, I used the fact that the story contained many falsities to deny it. But being 99% honest is no longer enough.

I was and am ashamed of my conduct and choices, and I had hoped that it would never become public. With my family, I took responsibility for my actions in 2006 and today I take full responsibility publicly. But that misconduct took place for a short period in 2006. It ended then. I am and have been willing to take any test necessary to establish the fact that I am not the father of any baby, and I am truly hopeful that a test will be done so this fact can be definitively established. I only know that the apparent father has said publicly that he is the father of the baby. I also have not been engaged in any activity of any description that requested, agreed to or supported payments of any kind to the woman or to the apparent father of the baby.


It is inadequate to say to the people who believed in me that I am sorry, as it is inadequate to say to the people who love me that I am sorry. In the course of several campaigns, I started to believe that I was special and became increasingly egocentric and narcissistic. If you want to beat me up – feel free. You cannot beat me up more than I have already beaten up myself. I have been stripped bare and will now work with everything I have to help my family and others who need my help.

I have given a complete interview on this matter and having done so, will have nothing more to say.




October 11, 2007 when the story first broke:

Speaking to reporters in Summerton, SC, Edwards denies the affair. "I've been in love with the same woman for 30-plus years and, as anybody who's been around us knows, she's an extraordinary human being, warm, loving, beautiful, sexy and as good a person as I have ever known," Edwards said. "So the story's just false."


Here is Edwards on Clinton's affair on Feb. 12, 1999:

I think this President has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen.