Friday, January 20, 2012

Conservatives... Newt will Break your heart !


Newt Gindrich has no chance of beating President Obama and even if he did he would be a failure as President which would damage the Conservative cause I have spent my life loving. He is a slick talker with a lot of contradictory ideas and no follow through or discipline to implement them. I love it when he attacks the liberal media but that does not make a Presidency. He will lead us on one more charge but will abandon us and break our hearts and spirit as he did with his first two wives.

Early in this campaign I flirted with the idea that Newt was the man. However, as the campaign as progressed I have come to the conclusion this is the same old Newt who won reelection to the House of Representatives from Georgia in 1998 and ONE DAY after the voters had elected him to a new term he announced he was resigning from the House when it was clear his own Republicans would not reelect him Speaker of the House and he said "I'm willing to lead but I'm not willing to preside over people who are cannibals. My only fear would be that if I tried to stay, it would just overshadow whoever my successor is." Well, you can't resign from the Presidency when the going gets tough..... oh wait Nixon did ! That turned out well for us didn't it? Newt is a disaster waiting to happen.

Romney and Santorum regardless of whether you agree with them or not, are men of character who will not lead the Republican Party off a cliff. Let Rick Santorum be the non Romney candidate. That way regardless of who gets the nomination we can't lose.