Wednesday, January 04, 2012

OREGON DUCKS WIN ROSE BOWL 45 TO 38




At the end of a slug fest of a game, I looked around and after giving my two adult children hugs, told them to look around the Rose Bowl stadium as it would never be as good as this again (in being a sports fan of a team). It has been 95 loooong years since the Ducks last won a Rose Bowl. They did it in my lifetime. A day to remember and it was made very special because it was with my kids. Go Ducks..... you won the day!

With apologies to William Shakespeare:

From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of Oregon Ducks;
For to-day those that were at the Rose Bowl with me
Shall be my brother and sister; be they ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle their condition;
And gentlemen and ladies from Oregon now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not there,
And hold their being a Duck cheap whiles any speaks
That stood with us at the Rose Bowl on January 2, 2012.