Wednesday, October 22, 2008

e-mail Photo from Iraq




I picked this up over at Michelle Malkin's blog:

A Naval officer e-mails today’s photo of the day and writes: “I obviously can’t speak for all the troops, but I can definitely speak for one - I am a Naval officer currently deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom…The Taliban and al Qaeda don’t scare me nearly as bad as this election does…We’ll take care of things over here, but we’re counting on you and others like you to fight the fight back home, even after the election, whichever way it goes. Hang in there. We appreciate everything you do.”

We appreciate everything you do.

**************************

A recent Military Times poll found that active duty U.S. military members support John McCain over Barack Obama to be their next commander-in-chief by a margin of 68%-23%.

Obama's support among the services is lowest in the Marine Corps (18%.)