Wednesday, June 25, 2008
The Colonel's Kentucky Fried Chicken and all other fried foods are banned from the Democrat convention in Denver this summer.
That's right! If you don't believe me check out the news story from the Wall Street Journal by clicking on the title above for a link. But that's not all!
In order to have a "green" convention the humorless puritans who now run the Democrat party have the additional requirements:
1. All food shall have at least three of the following colors.... red, green, yellow blue/purple and white. What no chocolate cake or brownies. No donuts! How about donuts with red, green and yellow sprinkles? Will yellow mustard, green pickles and red ketchup on my hot dog count?
2. 70 % of the food must be grown locally to minimise emissions for transportation. Do they have a Krispy Kreme bakery in Denver? Good thing Coors beer is made nearby.
3. All 15000 fanny packs to be used by volunteers must be "organic" cotton made by union labor in the USA. Who still wears a fanny pack?
4. The volunteers also must wear "organic" cotton baseball caps made by union labor in the USA. To date they have been unable to find either the hats or the fanny packs.
5.The balloons must be "biodegradable." At Jimmy Carter's 1980 convention they couldn't even get the balloons to fall from the rafters. Maybe that was the problem.... they dissolved before they could be dropped.
6. 900 volunteers will hover at waste-disposal stations to make sure delegates put each scrap of trash in the proper bin. Lest a fork slip into the wrong container unnoticed, volunteers will paw through every bag before it is hauled away.How much energy is expended to have 900 "volunteers" travel to Denver to monitor the "waste-disposal stations? I think there should be a rule that a volunteer must live in Denver and ride to the convention on bicycles made in the United States by union workers!
If this is how they are going to run their convention... just think what they will be like when they control the Congress, the Presidency and the Supreme Court.
Well.... I will be watching the Democrat Convention eating my barrel of KFC chicken wearing my University of Oregon hat made in Bangladesh and remembering what happened to my Republican party when we impose Prohibition on the country after World War I.