Sunday, June 15, 2008

Indina Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ****

Indian Jones is back and it's now the 1950's and "I like Ike"! This morning my wife and I drove down to Tinseltown here in Medford to watch the forth and latest Indian Jones movies and it was a lot of fun. The action you have come to expect is there; but, more importantly to me was it was a fest of nostalga for aging "baby boomers." It was like a bunch of baby boomers were sitting around the table and each one had an idea on the 1950's that they wanted to slip in to the movie. I don't want to give up too much but, "Gang, what time is it? It's Howdy Doody Time!" Many younger movie goers, say those less than 50 years of years of age, will miss a lot of the fun; but, they are there for the action. The high point for me was Karen Allen was back. That's the Karen Allen of the first Indian Jones movie and of "Animal House" fame. She is looking older now but aren't we all. On a 5 * scale I give this move 4*'s.