Monday, May 14, 2007

Memorable John Wayne Quotes (Day 12)



Since yesterdays quote came from Stagecoach the movie that made him a star in 1939, I thought I would "book end" John Wayne's movies with a quote from "The Shootest" his last movie made in 1976. The Quote:

To the boy (Ron Howard) he is teaching how to handle a gun, John Wayne the dying gunfighter, John Books, says,

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same of them."

Almost everything I learned in life I learned from watching John Wayne movies. 12 more days till his 100th Birthday. I sure wish he was still making movies. However, "The Shootest" is a fine movie to end a career on and prophetic too.It even has Jimmy Stewart, as the doctor, who tells him he is dying of cancer.