Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Memorable John Wayne quotes (Day 10)



John Wayne as Dave Crockett in the Alamo (1960):

"Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words give you a feeling. Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat - the same tightness a man gets when his baby takes his first step or his first baby shaves and makes his first sound as a man. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words."

John Wayne risk everything to make this movie and almost killed himself getting it made. He was both actor and director. It is not a perfect movie but you find the soul of John Wayne in this movie.I was a teenager when I first saw this movie on my birthday and I have watched it dozens of times since. I love this movie!