Thursday, September 09, 2010

Oregon Ducks vs. Tennessee Volunteers


This Saturday my Oregon Ducks will play a football game against the Tennessee Volunteers at their stadium in Knoxville, Tennessee. The game will be broadcast on ESPN TV. I won't be able to make it back to Tennessee but the Wickre family will be well represented by our two adult children. I was able to get tickets for them through the University of Oregon Athletic department. Our daughter will be driving from her home in Washington DC and our son will be driving down from Lexington, Kentucky where he lives while a grad student at the University of Kentucky. In the past few years they have been able to meet and go to Oregon games at Michigan against the Wolverines and against the Purdue Boilermakers in Indiana. I might add that Oregon won both of those prior games so I hope their good luck continues.Both have graduated from other colleges but they were raised as Duck fans and Duck fans they are. My wife and I will be watching the game on ESPN and will be looking for the kids on TV. Tennessee has the third largest stadium in the country. Go Ducks!

UPDATE: Just got a call from the kids and they both arrived safely in Knoxville. Cheer extra loud for me. Go Ducks!

UPDATE 2: GAME DAY ...... LET'S GO DUCKS!



UPDATE 3:
A Duck in Tennessee getting ready for the game. Go Ducks!