Friday, January 25, 2008

"Ford at Fox" Best DVD of 2007



My Christmas present won Best DVD of 2007
The critics have spoken and the massive, $300 box set Ford at Fox was named the best DVD of 2007 by the contributors at DVDBeaver.com. For the fourth annual poll, Thirty-six DVD critics from all over the world submitted their individual top ten lists -- each of which is featured -- and then editor Gary Tooze tallied up points for the final results. The coveted John Ford box contains 24 John Ford films on 21 discs; kudos to any critic who had time to watch it all.


I am still working my way through the 24 movies and have watched about half. I started with the oldest... the "silent picture movies" and have now worked my way up to the "talkies". Of course I have already seen most of his later movies from 1939 on.Thanks Dear for the present.