Monday, January 07, 2008

Christmas Holidays Are Over.


The house is very quiet and empty. I put our son on an airplane at the Jackson County International Airport yesterday (Sunday) as he flew back to Grad School in North Dakota. His sister flew back to DC the day before New Years. We took down our Christmas Tree and the outside lights on Saturday. This time I always have a "let Down" as the Holidays come to an end. This year it will be a short one because of the Primary season, South Medford and Oregon Duck basketball, the NFL playoffs and the Super Bowl.

We had a good time over the Holidays. The family went to see 2 movies together (Charlie Wilson's War and National Treasure). We went to a musical play in Talent.... "Meet Me in St. Louis", we all went to a wedding reception for a friend of our son and we had several meals out. We played Trivial Pursuits together on the dinning room table and we talked politics and together we watched all the political news shows on TV.On Christmas eve we were joined by my sister, my mother in law and brother in law. My Son and I drove to Eugene to watch a Duck basketball game, we returned home and watched the Ducks win the Sun Bowl and then stayed up till midnight New Years eve playing Trivial Pursuits by the fireplace until it was time for Dick Clark from Times Square. We watched Bowl games all day New Years day. We watched the returns from the Iowa Caucuses and talked politics. We had a nice lunch Friday at a new restaurant in Medford called the 4 Daughters Irish Pub. We watched the Republican and Democrat Debates from New Hampshire on Saturday night on ABC. After he safely reached North Dakota we talked on the phone about the Republican debate Sunday Night on Fox News. I miss him and his sister. However, tonight is the National Championship Bowl game and on Tuesday is the voting in New Hampshire. In addition there are several movies I want to see that didn't make it to Medford for the Holidays that I will want to see. For Christmas our daughter purchased her mother and I a subscription to Net Flix and I still have to watch my Ford at Fox DVD's. What a great time to be alive.