Sunday, March 05, 2006

Trip to the Oregon Coast

This past week I attended a business conference at the Salishan golf resort near Lincoln City on the Oregon Coast. My wife accompanied me and we had a nice room with a gas fireplace. The resort has an internet cafe and nearby in Lincoln City is an Outlet Mall we visited twice.I spent some time in the internet cafe following a South Medford High playoff basketball game. On the way over we stopped at one of my favorite tourist traps ( I Love tourist traps) The Sea Lion Caves. One of the nice things is my sister was able to come on down from Portland and the three of us had dinner together Wednesday and Thursday nights. One night we went to a place called "The 60's cafe". The food was good and I loved the music. It looked like a place the locals like. This is the quite time on the Oregon coast that lives off the tourist trade. My sister is a retired school teacher, a Democrat and a liberal. When we were kids in 1960 she put a Kennedy bumper sticker on her bedroom door just to bug me. Regardless I love her and it was nice to spend some time with her.