Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Spring Vacation

This week is Spring Vacation for students here in Oregon, both college and below. My son came home from college last Friday and left to go back to school today. He wanted to go back early to work on his senior thesis in Political Science. He did his History Thesis Fall term. He will graduate from college in May. This is an exciting time for him as he plans on going to grad school and is evaluating his grad school options.
I like it when he comes home . In addition to seeing him we get better or should I say more fun food. When he comes home we get ice cream, pies and pizza. When he is away my wife and I try to limit our intake of these "Fun" foods. Even though I don't get a spring vacation it is fun to watch those that do and live vicariously through them. My son appreciates historical movies and so while he was home we watched several on DVD. He is looking at a grad school in North Dakota ( University of North Dakota), as one of his options, so we watched the movie "Fargo" for fun. I had seen it back in 1998 when it first came out and It is still a good but gory movie. It also looks real cold! But then he is not going to grad school for a tan. He is also looking at several other grad schools including some closer to home. On to graduation or as they say commencement.