Sunday, March 05, 2006

Air Coos by Nike

Yesterday I received an email from a friend who told me not to go to G I Joes (a sporting goods store) in Medford and that I had been warned. His e-mail also included a link to this picture . This is a new shoe called "Air Coos" put out by Nike to honor Coos Bay Oregon the home town of University of Oregon long distance runner Steve Prefontaine. I couldn't resist and drove down to GI Joes as I listened to the Oregon vs Oregon State Basketball game on the radio. (Ducks lost) I also grew up in Coos Bay/ North Bend and knew Steve. Our parents were good friends and my parents last home was one block from Steve's parents home. At the check stand the clerk said the shoes had very bright colors and I replied that "They are the right colors," University of Oregon Green and Yellow. Thanks Phil Knight! GO DUCKS !