Monday, April 12, 2010

Chip Kelly to Afghanistan with USO


That's right, Oregon football coach, Chip Kelly is going on a USO trip to Iraq and Afghanistan to visit U.S. troop next month after the Spring Game. That game will also be dedicated to those same troops. The spring scrimmage will recognize and highlight the U.S. Armed Forces. The Oregon players will wear specially designed-jerseys for the game which be given to the troops after the game. Special tee shirts will also be sold at the game with the proceeds going to our troops. Military equipment and vehicles will be on display at the game. Hey, I remember when the left wingers at the U of O wanted to disarm the campus statue of the Pioneer Father and kick ROTC off campus too. There is a reason I love Chip Kelly ! Go Ducks!


This news just reinforces my post here on February 22, 2010 when I wrote that Chip Kelly reminds me of Duke Wayne. (click on title for link)