Thursday, September 14, 2006

Football Weekend

Two big games for me this weekend.

The South Medford High Panthers will have their first home game Friday night against Tualatin a school from a suburb of Portland. My wife and I will be there. There is nothing like the smell of grass and hotdogs under the lights. Go Panthers!

The University of Oregon Ducks will host the Oklahoma Sooners on Saturday in Eugene. The game will be broadcast on ABC TV. The whole state of Oregon is excited about this game and the Sooners should expect a very loud crowd. Just ask Lloyd Carr of Michigan. I will ride up to the game (3 hr trip from Medford) with a friend of mine who will be driving his big black convertible. He is a bachelor who refers to the car as the "Babe Mobile." My wife will be staying in Medford to attend a wedding of the daughter of a good friend of hers. Who would schedule a wedding on the same day as the Ducks / Sooner game at Autzen Stadium in Eugene? I have told both of my children that if they get married on the same day as a Duck home game they can have it without me. Go Ducks!