Monday, July 17, 2006

Summer Weekend

It was a nice summer weekend in the Rogue Valley. The temperature was in the middle 90's so I did my yard work early Saturday morning and washed the car. Our son took his grandmother (wives mother) fishing and the each caught the limit of 5 rainbow trout. My wife and I went to see the movie Devil Wears Prada and loved it. I am a sucker for movies about young college grads who go to the big city and their dreams come true. Sunday night our son and I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean (PartII) and I hated it. I love Pirate movies but I want my pirates to fight other pirates or the British not "Davy Jones" fish people. ( Wasn't Davy Jones a teen rock star :)) In any case it was very dark and not that much fun. And this from a guy who's favorite ride at Disneyland is Pirates of the Caribbean. On Sunday afternoon I though I would take a break from watching the war in the Middle East on FOX NEWS and watched my DVD of 13 Days the Kevin Cosner movie about the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962. The movie brought back a lot of memories. I was in high school at the time and watched many of the public events unfold on TV and was very much of a new junkie then as I am today. However the movie just reinforced my opinion that JFK was a weakling. Although I thought Bobby Kennedy came off very well and I kinda liked him. As I was watching the movie I kept thinking, JFK will be dead in little more than a year and Bobby was killed in 1968. Now, 1968 was a year I will not ever forget. Now, back to work in 2006.