Sunday, July 02, 2006

Musical 1776

Tonight my wife and our son went to a local theater production of the musical 1776 at the Camelot Theatre in Talent Oregon. My son and I each own the musical movie 1776 on DVD and watch it every July 4th. Before DVD I would rent the VHS copy of the movie and we would watch it when the kids were younger. It is one of my favorite musicals and the production tonight was wonderful. I was worried that the John Adams actor would be a pale imitation to William Daniels who played Adams in the movie. The local actor did a very good job as did the actress who played Abigail Adams. The singing, set and staging were all very professional. This is a story I never get tired of. I only wish someone would make a dramatic movie of the drafting, debating and signing of the Declaration of Independent. What a way to start the July 4th weekend.