Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Big Screen TV



This last weekend I broke down and bought a large screen TV ... a Sony KDFE42A10 42" LCD Rear Projection Television. It is high definition with great sound. It is a wide screen TV so I can play my DVD collection on it. The picture is fantastic on DVD and cable TV looks good even if it is not High Definition. It replaced my old 1983 big screen TV that was one of those front projection sets where a mirror folded out from the front of the cabinet and reflected the picture back on a movie screen in a hutch cabinet on top.. It was very 1980's but it still worked. I couldn't bear to have the beautiful oak hutch cabinet removed so I folded the front mirror into the set and removed the metallic fiberglas screen on top from the hutch and mounted the new TV in it's place. It looks built in and makes a nice TV stand with an enclosed hutch. Last night I watched She Wore a Yellow Ribbon with John Wayne and the colors have never been more vivid. We watched Last of the Mohicans on Sunday. I bought it Friday night from Circuit City.com . I arranged on Saturday for delivery with a guy in a call center in India and it was delivered from the local store on Sunday. Isn't technology great! (click on the title above for a link to Amazon's web page on the TV)