Monday, July 24, 2006

Long Hot Summer!

As the temperature hovered over 100 in Southern Oregon ( and was not cooling off at night) I had a nice weekend. Friday night my wife and I met some friends up at Callahan's Lodge for dinner. Callahan's is up in the Siskyou mountains on the I-5 pass going over the Mountains into California near Mount Ashland. They had live music consisting of a guitar player who sang folk music. We had a good meal with pleasant conversation. On Saturday I got up early ,for me, and did my yard work before it got too hot. My electric lawn mower died and I had to order a new one from Sears. In the afternoon I drove to Fred Myer and got a college football magazine and some scrap book supplies. I spent the rest of the day putting together a photo scrap book of our sons college graduation from Willamette University and our trip to the University of North Dakota checking out their graduate school in History. Sunday I took it easy and watch several DVD movies. I watched American Graffiti and South Pacific. More on them later. Our daughter called from Washington DC and we had a nice talk. She called from a park in DC and you could hear kids playing in the background. Of course no Sunday is complete with out the Sunday papers... The Oregonian and the Medford Mail Tribune. Our son had to work.... he is working at Bi-Mart this summer as a cashier as he has for the last three Summers. When he got home he BBQed some of the Trout he caught last weekend. In less than a month he will take off for Grad school. All the stores already have their "Back to School" merchandise out and there are all kinds of ads in the newspaper on "dorm room" merchandise. They never had that when I was in college.