Monday, May 04, 2009

The Weekend


This weekend had "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly:"

The Good, was my sister came down from Portland for a visit and we took her up to Callahan's lodge on Mt Ashland for lunch on Sunday. We don't get to see her very often and we had a good visit with her and her dog Obie. Thanks for coming down.
The Bad
, was I missed going to the Oregon Duck Spring Football Game in Eugene. The weather forecast was for rain in Eugene and from reports from the game it was like a monsoon in the first half so I made the right choice but I sure miss Duck Football.To make up for missing the game I went over to my favorite music stores in Ashland on Saturday and got a rare Bob Dylan CD, "The Gaslight Tapes 1962." The CD is based upon a bootleg recording of an appearance at the Gaslight club in New York's Greenwich Village in 1962 before he became famous and is very good.
The Ugly
, is the rain storm we had Saturday night. It poured very hard and the creek near our house got very high. It is now rainy here in Medford and we wonder where the beautiful Spring weather of last week went.