Thursday, November 23, 2006

Movie: "Bobby" *****


I just got back from seeing the movie "Bobby". It's a very good movie that I highly recommend. I will definitely add it to my DVD collection when it comes out. Richard Roeper of the Chicago Sun Times has a review that is fairly descriptive of the movie although I liked the movie better than he does. He ends his review as follows:
Then again, 1968 was closer to 1941 than it is to 2006. For anyone under 45, the assassination of RFK is indeed ancient history -- not a memory of a dream dying. "Bobby" does a solid job of telling one generation what the world was like in the summer of 1968, and reminding another generation of a time when they believed a politician could change the world.


I was never a supporter of Bobby Kennedy but it was a fun trip back to the summer of 1968 when I was young, an idealist, and the girls were oh so good looking. In 1968 the world was a world of primary colors and I was so alive. It was a destructive period in American history but I will never forget it. ( To read all of Roeper's movie review click on the title above for a link.... also check out my post below about the movie)