Sunday, November 05, 2006

Hugh B Collins 1919-2006

This morning I read in the Medford Mail Tribune that Hugh B Collins died. Hugh was a Medford attorney and he was the senior partner of the law firm that hired me out of law school. He was born August 14, 1919 and died in Medford November 4, 2006. Hugh was an American Original. Hugh was cantankerous, brilliant, eccentric and the world will be a duller place without him. He had a nick name for everyone and mine for some reason was "Haimie" (Hi me). He also called me P.V. for Prince Valiant because I had long hair just out of law school. In the last few years I saw him from time to time at the Jackson County Justice Building. He always had a friendly word. I remember a few years ago we had an office Christmas party for Jackson County Attorneys and Hugh brought one of his dogs who loved our food. I will miss Hugh.