Friday, June 23, 2006

Summer & Football Magazines



One of the fun things about Summer is that football magazines hit the news stands. My favorites are Athlon's Pac-10 College Football and Lindy's Pac-10 College Football which feature the college teams of the Pac-10 conference which of course includes my Oregon Ducks. The magazine companies have regional and even state specific covers so an Oregon Duck football player is usually featured on the magazines cover that are sold here in Oregon. Before the internet I used to buy between 5 and 8 magazines each Summer. However so much information is now available on the internet I usually limit myself to the two magazines described above and maybe one Pro Football magazine. Every Summer hope springs eternal for the college football fan thinking of the fall season and dreaming of bowl games for the holidays.