Saturday, June 03, 2006

Duffin for the Ducks


Every year the Oregon Club of Southern Oregon puts on a golf tournament and dinner/auction to raise money for University of Oregon athletics. This year, it was held yesterday at the Rogue Valley Country Club in Medford Oregon. Mike Belotti, Oregon's head football coach and others from the Oregon Athletic Department came down to Medford for the golf tournament. I am on the Board of Directors of the Oregon Club here in southern Oregon and I am in charge of the silent auction and the setting up of the dinner/auction on the day of the event. Since I don't golf I set up the silent auction while the golfers are out on the golf course. This year we had over 60 items of Duck clothing and other items. We also have an oral auction that follows dinner and a drawing for door prizes. This is our clubs main fundraiser for the year. Coach Belotti gave us a review of last season and a preview of the 2006 football season. I take the entire day off from work and worked from 9 AM till 9:30PM setting up and helping to run the event; but, it was a lot of fun. It's always fun when Ducks get together. My son and wife also came by and helped which I really appreciate This was our 21st year of having this fundraiser. Go Ducks!