Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Summers Gone? NO

Every one is acting like Summer is over. My calendar shows that we have 15 MORE days and I don't want to give up any of them them. Of course, Labor day has come and gone. School has started for most public school children, some colleges have started , Congress is back in session and football is in full swing. I feel like the guy who is still at the party and everyone else has left. I always get ripped off from part of my summer, but not this year. Summer always starts late. This year the weather was rainy until almost the 4th of July. According to the calendar Summer doesn't start until June 21. Most Public schools did not get out until near that date. Therefore, I have had less than three months of Summer and I don't want to move on. As a confirmed news junkie I took most of the summer off from news. No, I still read the newspaper , watched Fox News and read the news on the internet. I just didn't have the news on 24 hr a day. I turned off the news channels and listened to music I haven't listened to in 30 years. I really enjoyed listening to those old tunes and converting my music from vinyl records to CD's . I think the election just burned me out on news. In any case, it's still Summer and it will be until September 22th. I will be wearing my shorts at Oregon's first home football game against Montana on Saturday. I love the Summer games at Autzen..... It's still Summer!