Sunday, May 09, 2010

Beatles Song: "When I'm Sixty-Four"


I have been thinking about this Beatles song this month.

From Wikipedia:

"When I'm Sixty-Four" is a love song by The Beatles, written by Paul McCartney (credited to Lennon/McCartney) and released in 1967 on their album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

According to Ian MacDonald, the song was "aimed chiefly at parents, and as a result got a cool reception from the group's own generation."

Click on the title for a YouTube video of the song.

When I get older losing my hair,
Many years from now.
Will you still be sending me a valentine
Birthday greetings bottle of wine.

If I'd been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door,
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four......

Give me your answer, fill in a form
Mine for evermore
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four.