Sunday, September 20, 2009

DUCKS upset # 18 UTAH 31- 24


I had a nice trip to Eugene yesterday to watch my Oregon Ducks beat the Utah Utes in college football. On the three hour trip from Medford to Eugene I listened to my Peter Paul & Mary Cd "The Very Best of Peter Paul and Mary" which is very good.It rained during the first half of the game but I dried off in the second half. The Ducks showed a lot of heart in a sometimes ugly game in which the Ducks had three turnovers and a blocked punt. The defense played well and Oregon was able to establish a running game in the second half. Oregon's passing game was almost non existent. The Ducks are still a work in progress. Utah fans filled two and one half sections in their red ponchos.I know the game must have been disappointing to my Utah relatives including those who live in Eugene but still have their hearts in Utah. On the long drive back to Medford I listened on the radio as the Oregon State Beavers lost to the Cincinnati Bearcats in Corvallis. All in all a good day.