Friday, February 08, 2008

Dennis Dixon in Medford


Today I met former Oregon Quarterback Dennis Dixon one of the best players to ever put on an Oregon Duck uniform. Watching Dennis play football was a thing of artistry. The only other player I can compare it to was Gail Sayers of the Chicago Bears. During the Super Bowl I watched one of the QB do a fake handoff and I thought it was not even close to the artistry of Dennis Dixon.

Dennis was in town for the recruiting lunch of the Oregon Club of Southern Oregon held at the Rogue Valley Country Club. Over a 100 people showed up to see Dennis Dixon and Oregon Coach Mike Bellotti.
Coach Bellotti talked about the athletes that signed “letters of Intent” on Wednesday to play football for the University of Oregon Ducks. Mike showed a highlight video of each of the high school and junior college recruits and talked about each one. However, the highlight for me was to meet Dennis. I shook his hand and got him to sign a picture of himself on the cover of a game day program He was very friendly and a lot of fans were getting their picture taken with him. There were several young kids who came to the lunch and were thrilled to get his autograph as was I. Dennis got a big hand when he was introduced. I wish the best for Dennis and hope he has a long career in the pros. However he will always be one of my favorite Ducks! Here … Here …Dennis Dickson!