Thursday, October 26, 2006

Alex P Keaton


I liked Michael J Fox more when he was the fictional character Alex P Keaton on the TV show Family Ties. For those of you too young to remember the show this from Wikipedia the Internet encyclopedia:
"Alex P. Keaton is a fictional character, portrayed by Michael J. Fox, on the 1980s American sitcom Family Ties. Alex is most famous for being a... conservative Republican, and a passionate student in economics, which is rooted in his obsession with money. In particular, he was a proponent of supply-side economics. Keaton kept a picture of Ronald Reagan above his bed, and noted an affinity for William F. Buckley, Jr. and Milton Friedman. His favorite television show was Wall $treet Week, then hosted by Louis Rukeyser. Keaton routinely read The Wall Street Journal, and was an ardent supporter of its conservative editorial page."


One of my parents best friends said Alex P Keaton reminded her of me when I was in high school. Of course my parents were not former hippies but survivors of the Great Depression.

Michal J Fox has now become a shill for the Democratic party. I wish him well from a health point of view because he has been dealt a terrible hand in the card game of life.I just wish he were more like Alex P Keaton from a political point of view.