Sunday, April 30, 2006

"United 93" and John Wayne's "The Searchers"


My son and I saw the movie "United 93" this weekend. I had the same reaction I did on 9/11. We need to get those bast**ds and kill them one by one. I remembered on 9/11 a scene from the Searchers. There is a graveside funeral for John Wayne's brother, sister in law and nephew that where were killed by Comanche Indians and there home burned. The two daughters of the family have been take by the Indians. Ward Bond a Texas Ranger and a preacher is delivering a prayer at the funeral service and John Wayne says it all "Put an amen to it........ There's no more time for praying...AMEN! Wayne wants to go after the Indians to kill them and he doesn't want to waste any more time. He starts out with a "posse" but eventually they all give up except for Jeffrey Hunter. Wayne spends years in his relentless search. Kinda like George W Bush. Most of our allies and the liberals have dropped out of the war on terrorism but not George W Bush. Wayne will not stop his quest to find Chief Scar ( Osama Ben Laden) You get the point! In any case I keep seeing that cemetery scene with Wayne and the rage he feels and that is the rage I have for the terrorist. United 93 is a movie every one should see and it does justice to those brave freedom fighters who saved our Capitol Building that day. Common citizens who will be remembered as we remember those who died at the Alamo.

Another thing from 9/11 that will stay with me is watching a United Airlines flight fly over our home. That morning after they had ordered every flight to land I went out to get my newspaper, in my driveway, and looked up and saw a United Airlines airplane come over our house at a very slow speed in it's approach to the Jackson County/ Medford airport. I wondered "do those people know yet what has happened." It was so sad watching that plane.