Thursday, April 20, 2006

Duck Football Tickets



Yesterday I renewed my two season football tickets for the fall 2006 season at the University of Oregon. It's getting so I need to take out a second mortgage on the house to buy these tickets. In addition to the ticket costs I have to make my annual donation to the University of Oregon Athletic Fund for the right to buy these tickets. The seats are on the 20 to 30 yard line behind the Oregon bench. The seats are in good old section 13. We have been sitting there for about 15 years. My kids were young when we first got these seats .... a few inches of bench.... not theater style seats. We see the same people around us year after year. I have watched them grow "Old." I only see these people 6 times a year during football season... it's sort of like "Same time next year." This year my son will probably be going to grad school in the Midwest so I will miss going to the games with him and having Chinese food or Pizza after the game. The spring game is in about 9 days... I can hardly wait! This season Stanford, Oklahoma ( time for revenge for the Holiday Bowl)Portland State, UCLA, Washington (hate them) and Arizona will be coming to Autzen Stadium to play the Ducks. Go Ducks!