Monday, August 22, 2011

Ryan Will Not Run !


The final word is Congressman Paul Ryan will not run for President in 2012 ! This is the second potential candidate, who I wanted to run, decide against it. The first was Mitch Daniels the Governor of Indiana. That basically leaves me with Mitt Romney and Rick Perry the Governor of Texas. Right now my head is for Romney for practical reasons of electability in the General Election and my heart is with Rick Perry.... as my hero's have always been Cowboys and he is a small government conservative. I will wait to decide until after the first debated between them at the earliest. I will support the nominee of my party but it's hard to see me voting for any of the other candidates in the Oregon primary. That also applies to any of the other candidates who are likely to get in to the race at this late date.

This is a very important election. I don't want to be apocalyptic; but,I don't think this country can reverse course after another four years with Barack Obama as President. We will become another European style social democracy. The exceptionalism that was the U.S.A. will be gone and individual freedom and initiative will have made their last stand. The West will enter into a new "dark ages" made more dangerous by the proliferation of nuclear weapons and Islamic extremest.

UPDATE;

Here’s the Ryan statement:

"I sincerely appreciate the support from those eager to chart a brighter future for the next generation. While humbled by the encouragement, I have not changed my mind, and therefore I am not seeking our party’s nomination for President. I remain hopeful that our party will nominate a candidate committed to a pro-growth agenda of reform that restores the promise and prosperity of our exceptional nation. I remain grateful to those I serve in Southern Wisconsin for the unique opportunity to advance this effort in Congress.”