Monday, August 29, 2011

Last Week of Summer


I always hate to see Summer come to an end. I know the calender says summer will not end till September 23 but for me the Labor Day weekend and the kids returning to school is for practical purposed the end of summer.

For my wife and me this has not been a quiet or restful summer. We have had a home improvement/maintenance project for almost every weekend. We had our large garage sale in July,cleand out the garage, refinished the front door,cleaned blinds, repainted one side of our house and this last weekend I washed every window inside and out on our three story home. My wife has had similar projects. For example, this last week she made new curtains for our living room. For Labor Day weekend I will be steam cleaning all of our carpets and sofas. I want to get everything done so that I will have my weekends free for college football in the fall.