Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Animal House on Blu Ray


Yes, that classic movie is released on blu ray today. $14.98 at Best Buy! Did I say it was filmed at the University of Oregon. Toga...toga !

UPDATE;

I got it yesterday and watched it last night. I have watched this movie many times on VHS and on DVD and this blu ray is a definite improvement as far as picture and sound. In the past I have paid little attention to the sound track but it definitely stands out in the blu ray. The picture is better but you notice it most in watching the background details that now are much clearer. One of the thinks I love about this movie is it shows what the University of Oregon was like when I was there. The movie was made a few years after I left but it is a trip back in time for me. I love the food fight scene in the "Fish Bowl" because that was one of my favorite places on campus where I would relax with a newspaper, a REAL coke and a donut. It was a great place for people watching and meeting friends. The movie brings it all back. My second favorite place on campus was a stone bench in the old part of campus behind Johnson Hall and near the Pioneer Mother statute. I can remember a summer sitting there to relive the stress of preparing for the Bar exam. In one of the scenes you see that bench and that period of time is preserved. Almost every scene takes me back. The campus has changed since I left but this movie preservs it the way it was and the way I remeber it.