Monday, August 09, 2010

Patricia Neal 1926-2010

On of my favorite actresses died yesterday at age 84. Some of my favorite movies she stared in:



1949 in Ayn Rand's "The Fountainhead" as Dominique Francon to Gary Cooper's Howard Roak. What libertarian cannot help love this movie for all of it's imperfections.I can see why she and Cooper had an off stage affair while making the movie. She was very beautiful and much younger than him.



1951 with John Wayne in "Operation Pacific" as a navy nurse during World War II



1961 in "Breakfast as Tiffanie's" as the older woman who "kept" George Peppard.




1965 as a navy nurse again with John Wayne in Otto Premingers' "In Harm's Way" another World War II movie.

I always though she and "The Duke" were very good together. They apparently didn't like each other but I guess that shows what good actors they were. I loved her deep voice.

(Click on the title for a link to here IMDB page)