Friday, August 27, 2010

Glenn Beck ?



I must admit I am undecided about Glenn Beck of FOX NEWS. I am not sure if he is a charlatan or a sincere conservative. I do like the fact he invites interesting people on his show to discuss such topics as conservative/libertarian economist Ludwig von Mises and his book "Road to Serfdom." I can't remember the last TV show that discussed "Road to Serfdom" one of the greatest books of the 20th Century. On the other hand he comes across as a mischievous rogue ..... a kind of "Peck's Bad Boy."

Peck's Bad Boy was the fictional star of newspaper stories and books created by George W. Peck in the late 1800s. Hennery (or Henry) Peck was a mischievous lad who loved to play sneaky pranks on others, especially his father, for the sheer pleasure of creating mayhem. The stories were a huge hit in their era, and the name Peck's Bad Boy became a popular term for any incorrigible rule-breaker. George Peck collected his stories into several books, most notably Peck's Bad Boy and His Pa (1883).


Beck often has a mischievous smile that is both funny and slightly disconcerting.

However, I do love him for his enemies. He drives liberals and the mainstream media mad !

UPDATE: Maybe "Peck' Bad Boy" is a little too dated..... let me put it this way.... when listening to Glenn Beck I hear Ronald Reagan but I feel like I am seeing Eddie Haskell of Leave it to Beaver fame. I could be wrong?