Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Intolerance is not just part of al-Qaeda, it is part of Islam"


Religious intolerance has always bothered me. Growing up in Utah I always wondered why I could not go into a Mormon Temple. A few years ago a Christian refused to do business with me because I am an Agnostic. Now Andrew McCarthy on National review Online has an interesting article on the intolerance of Islam. For example, as a non believer I can not even go to the city of Mecca. That would be like the Mormons telling me I couldn't even to to Salt Lake City, Utah much less the Mormon Temple. At least the Mormon's allow me in Temple Square. I have never been to Rome but I know the Vatican even has guided tours.

Click on the title for a link to Andrew McCarty, article. BTW don't take your bible when you go to Saudi Arabia .

It is about Islam. Saudi Arabia does not have any law but sharia. Non-Muslims are discriminated against in the kingdom, not because that’s how the Saudis want it. They are discriminated against because that is how the Koran says it must be.



In spite of the religious intolerance of some religions I must point out that I have good friends who are Mormons, Christians and I would be happy to have a friend who was a follower of Islam. Heck, I even have friends who are Oregon State Beavers.